Re: Oracle Master Program ?

From: Peter Worthington <hayden_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

Bruce Pihlamae wrote:

> I'm interested in the US readers who have supposedly had this program
> running for a while and what they think of it.
> There is no test to prove you've achieved competency.

Bruce,

I must agree with you. Basically you can take the classes and not learn anything and receive a Masters Certificat. I was at one class and the one fellow just slept through the whole thing each day because he partied every night when in town.

There is a company however that offers Oracle DBA Certification which does require the subject to go through some testing. I think the cost is around $200.00. If you call your Oracle Education Rep and ask about how to become a CERTIFIED DBA they should be able to tell you the contact number.

If you feel you've got the required expertise already then surely this is the way to go. Save some money and its already back by Oracle.

If you get any dumb answers from you rep just let me know and I'll get the info for you. Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CST