Re: Oracle Open World Opinions?

From: Michael Abbey <msabbey_at_magi.com>
Date: 1996/11/11

Douglas Scott wrote:

> I just got back from Oracle Open World in San Francisco and would be
> interested in what other attendees thought of the conference. This was
> the first one I had been to and I was a little disappointed that there
> wasn't more technical information available. Other people I have talked
> to said that IOUW usually has more technical info. This year the
> proceedings came on CD-ROM (I've seen previous years and was glad I
> didn't have to lug them home) and I haven't had a chance to look at them
> yet, but some people at the conference said not all the papers are on
> the CD-ROM. If this is true does anyone know where to get the rest?
>
> Overall I was still glad I went, but I think IOUW should stay seperated
> from Oracle's commercial campaigns (Oracle Open World).
>
> Douglas Scott
> dsscott_at_gte.net

Oracle and the International Oracle Users Group-Americas are beating a co-operative path to just that - a separate user forum (aka IOUW) and OpenWorld (primarily a trade show with some education). The IOUG-A starts and independent conference in Dallas TX USA April 28 until May 2. The flavor of the event will be similar to the conference in Philly in September 1995.

Michael
Assistant Director of Conferences
IOUG-Americas
Chicago IL USA Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CST