URGENT: ORACLE NOT STARTING !

From: Erik Manders <pwmaner_at_wirehub.nl>
Date: 1996/11/06

Hi all.

I got a major problem. My Oracle 6 database won't start.

System is: IBM Rs6000 52H with AIX 3.2.5 (128MEG internal) Oracle RDBMS 6.0.37.8.1 ORACLE_HOME=/u/oracle SID=prod

When issuing dbstart on the prompt a get the message:

	ORACLE instance started.
	ORA-00205: error in identifying control file '?/dbs/cntrl@.dbf'
	ORA-09782: sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted.
	Attempting to shutdown instance........ORACLE instance shut down.

looking at the cntrlprod.dbf file with the strings command, the path is set to /u/oracle/
(notice the / at the end.)

If I change in oratab: prod:/u/oracle:Y to prod:/u/oracle/:Y then I get after starting dbstart:

	ORACLE instance started.
	Database mounted.
	ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
	Attempting to dismount database........Database dismounted.
	Attempting to shutdown instance........ORACLE instance shut down.
	SQL*DBA complete.
	ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
	Database "prod" NOT started.

So what's happening here? How do I get my database back online?

I talked today to companies in Holland like RAET, K+V van Alphen and Oracle, but still no
solution.....

Some info what happend last week:

The oracle file were located on a filesystem called /u/oracle. This weas a seperater volume group called hd10. Furter there was a filesystem called /u/kva on logical volume hd11.

We decided to put those two together.

	We copied all files to a seperate HD.
	Unmounted the filesystems, deleeted the logical volumes.
	Created another locical volume.
	Created a new filesystem on the brand new logical volume, called /u.
	Copied directories kva and oracle back to /u.

So the filesystem /u contains directories kva and oracle. Same as before.

According to Oracle this was a valid move.

Furthermore we upgraded the system from 64Mb to 128Mb internal.

Can anybody please please please help me get my oracle back online??

If so please mail me directly to mailto:pwmaner_at_wirehub.nl
(pwmaner_at_wirehub.nl or pwmaner_at_xs4all.nl or pwmaner_at_tilburg.nl).
First one takes presedence.

Thanks in advance.

--
=
=============== One of "The people of PW Tilburg" ================

Erik Manders
Publieke Werken          Internet: mailto:pwmaner_at_wirehub.nl
Stadhuisplein 130                  http://www.wirehub.nl/~pwmaner/
Postbus 717              Tel. 013-428793
5000 AS  Tilburg         Fax. 013-321327
the Netherlands

      'Often users don't know what they want, but when they do,'
               'they do not need what they want!'
End Transmission.