Re: Schedule SQL scripts to run

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_deneb.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/11/01

In article <55an0e$cpp_at_news.cis.okstate.edu> wshiang_at_a.cs.okstate.edu (WANG SHIANG HUEY) writes:

> Hi, all:
> Is there anybody knows how to schedule a sql script to run
> at certain time during the day. I am using Oracle 7.1.3 on Novel
> 4.1, most of our clients are win 3.1. I haven't found SQL*Plus
> for DOS in the package. Does anyone know that too?
> Thanks !

How about packing you scripts in stored procedures and using the Oracle Job Queue? I think, in version 7.1.3 the job queue is NOT documented in the Oracle-documentation, but you will find it in Steven Feuerstein's PL/SQL-book.

Axel Schlueter
Institut fuer Informatik
Universitaet Hannover, Germany Received on Fri Nov 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CST