Re: Exporting entire tables and metadata

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/10/27

In article <whedonDzuHz5.Kqz_at_netcom.com>,

   whedon_at_netcom.com (Bill Whedon) wrote:
>I need to be able to extract an entire table from an Oracle
>database for which I have no schema or description. What I
>would really like, is the ODBC/SQL way to do this so I could
>import the table as CSV, along with the schema information,
>so I could rebuild the table in my own internal format. Is
>there any way to do this - I'd like to be able to have the
>datatypes of the columns, as well as their titles, if possible.

have a peek at the table USER_TAB_COLUMNS which should have the info you want. you could use this to build the schema; or to build SELECT statements that extract data from the schema in the format you prefer. there are thousands of versions of scripts which do this; it is an easy exercise.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.