New Database SQL*Net Connection

From: Darren R Guy <darren_at_colonial.ftech.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/25

I do not know if this is the correct newsgroup. If it is not apologize.

I am running Oracle7 Workgroup server V7.2.2.4.0C for NT 3.51

Following the instructions in 'Understanding Oracle7 Workgroup Server', I created a new instance and database via the instance manager. (SID of HC);

After completion, I check that the database was started and available.

I created an SQL*NET alias 'to_HC' with: Protocol : Named Pipes
Server Name : Wellington
Database Instance : HC

Using any of the tools to connect to the database with the above alias results in 'General connect error. Check availability of database and connection'.

any hints or advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

darren

Darren Guy
EMail: darren_at_colonial.ftech.co.uk
Snail Mail:
Colonial Software
Vigilant House
120 Wilton Road
Victoria
London
SW1V 1JZ
England Received on Fri Oct 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CDT