Re: Archiving Financials Data

From: Hoa Le <ch759_at_torfree.net>
Date: 1996/10/23

Systems Admin (sysadmin_at_doj.vic.gov.au) wrote:
: We need to archive some historical Oracle Financials data, but we can't
: put it to tape since the users need regular access to it. Our Financials
: database is growing, and we need to keep at least 7 years' data for legal
: reasons.

: Does anybody have a solution to this? We can't be the only site with this
: problem!

   Add a 'transaction date' column to each table. That way you can keep    data for the last 7 years. Please let me know if you have others    solutions.

   Hoa Le ("Leh")
   Oracle consultant Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CDT