Re: Table creation date

From: Michael Serbanescu <ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com>
Date: 1996/10/15

If you do it as SYS or SYSTEM, try this:

SELECT owner||'.'||object_name, created
FROM sys.dba_objects
WHERE object_type='TABLE'
AND owner NOT IN ('SYS', 'SYSTEM'); (use the AND only if you do not care to see when the data dictionary tables were created).

As a regular user, try this:

SELECT object_name, created
FROM user_objects
WHERE object_type='TABLE';

or

SELECT owner||'.'||object_name, created
FROM all_objects
WHERE object_type='TABLE';

For more information on the above data dictionary tables, try: DESC[RIBE] SYS.DBA_OBJECTS/ALL_OBJECTS/USER_OBJECTS. I hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu
Sr. ORACLE DBA, TRECOM Business Systems, Edison, NJ ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com
(908)576-3894