Re: Newbie question about BIGINT and INT in the same table

From: ^Bart <gabriele1NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 11:09:11 +0100

> You use the size of variable you need. if the values in the age column
> are really going to exceed the time to the heat death of the universe,
> use a bigint

[Quoted] [Quoted] Ok, now I understood, I could use for the age also VARCHAR(3) because it [Quoted] means I can insert in a row till three numbers (I know VARCHAR is for string but I could use also to insert numbers!) but the column's value is "infinity" so I could have a column of millions and millions of values but these values are till three items!

The mistake was to think to the columns and not to the value of the row!

Thanks!
^Bart Received on Sun Oct 27 2019 - 11:09:11 CET

Original text of this message