Re: Building MySQL 5.7 From Source on Windows

From: Lyle H. Gray <lylefitzw_at_no.spam.gmail.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 09:16:36 -0500

[Quoted] Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de> wrote in news:qnjvgl$89n$1_at_dont-email.me:

> On 09.10.2019 04:25, Lyle H. Gray wrote:
>> Without going into the reasons for this (it's a corporate decision
>> that I don't have a say in), I find myself in the following
>> situation:
>> my option appears to be to build MySQL 5.7 from source. Except that
>> the documentation for building from source appears to be limited to
>> Linux servers.
>>
>> So, does anyone know of any way to build MySQL 5.7 from source on
>> Windows?
>
> You're doomed :)

[Quoted] Yeah, I'm getting that impression. I'm considering building a docker implementation instead. ;-)

> At least I can point you to the Windows build instructions for
> MariaDB:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/Building_MariaDB_on_Windows/
>
> MySQL and MariaDB are (still) similar enough that this should work for
> both. I still don't expect that it will work 100% out of the box. I
> strongly recommend to run the test suite on your build.

[Quoted] Oh, I intend to.

I downloaded the MySQL 5.7 source from github, since using rpm to acquire the source isn't an option in my environment.

> Good luck!

Thanks!

Lyle Received on Wed Oct 09 2019 - 16:16:36 CEST

Original text of this message