Re: Customer user and factory user in the same table

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:22:42 +0100

On 12/08/2019 11:07, ^Bart wrote:
> but "everyone" got a name and surname

yeah?

I wouldn't be too sure.

In small northern communities its 'john, eric's son' and his daughter would be 'Eve. johns daughter'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononymous_person

shwos that whilst rare in modern times, surnamelessness is still common.

which is why nearly all the 'surnames' in icelandic end in -son, or -dottir, depending on the - ah - sex.

Then there are people with a lot of names, but no surname at all.

His Royal Highness Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, KG, KT, GCB, OM, AK, QSO, CC, PC, ADC, Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland.

My own address maps so badly onto standard US 'address' validation software, and my name has so many variations that it took me nearly 6 weeks to open a paypal business account.

other people with hyphens in their names cannot be enterd into some software. So the Montague-Partridges stay with Coutts, who at least have human beings who can write to take down their details.

As for apostrophies, heaven help the De'ath-Bredons...a recipe for SQL injection if there ever was one.

Not to mention Pádraig O'Murphy, and his famous Law.

its shoes.