Re: Index

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:02:01 +0200

On 22.07.2019 19:58, J.O. Aho wrote:
> On 22/07/2019 13.19, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>> On 21/07/2019 21:35, J.O. Aho wrote:

>>> MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL Server, and postgresql documentation uses
>>> 'indexes' when talking about index in plural, so I would go so far that
>>> indexes is the more accepted spelling when talking about databases.
>>>
>> I expect they are American...

> Not all of them, the original MySQL documentation was written by Swedes,

The top 3 people in the MySQL Documentation Team were an Australian, an American and a German :)

> which also the guys behind MariaDB are too.

Micheal "Monty" Widenius, the father of MySQL (and MariaDB) is Finnish. But yes, there are also Swedes and Russians (many) and some Americans in the team. When we counted last it was about 20 nationalities. Received on Mon Jul 22 2019 - 22:02:01 CEST

Original text of this message