Re: How to re-activate databases

From: Fokke Nauta <usenet_at_solfon.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:44:52 +0200

On 06/06/2019 15:10, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> On 06/06/2019 12:05, Axel Schwenke wrote:

>>> No details yet, I don't know what you want.
>>
>> Details on the crash? If MySQL crashes, you get a rather detailed
>> message in
>> the error log. That message might give a hint what went wrong.
>>
>>> But after copying the complete content of the old database to the
>>> current
>>> C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data, it worked.
>>
>> Good.
>>
>>> But changing the data
>>> path line in my.ini in E:/MySQL Database, the service did not start.
>>> I changed datadir=C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data
>>> into
>>> datadir=E:/Files/Databases/MySQL (changed the path name to avoid spaces)
>>
>> That should work.
>>

> MySQL won't start after I changed the data path.
> I'll do it once again and come back with an error log.
>
> Fokke

I changed the data path from:
C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data into:
E:/Files/Databases/MySQL

Now the MySQL80 service won't start. The message is: "The MySQL service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I checked the error logs in both the data paths, but no additions were made.

[Quoted] Now, after setting back the data path to C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data, MySQL won't start anymore. Same message.

Fokke Received on Thu Jun 06 2019 - 15:44:52 CEST

Original text of this message