Can't connect to server

From: Fokke Nauta <usenet_at_solfon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:42:26 +0100

[Quoted] Hi all,

Installed MySQL Community Server 8.0.15 on a server in our LAN running Windows 10 Pro 64b. Installation went well, MySQL is up and running. With PHPMyAdmin on another pc I can log in and see the various databases. On the same pc I have two applications which use two of the databases, each just one. They can't connect, however. One says the database cannot be found, the other says "Cannot access the selected server.". Also on another pc I cannot connect to the databases. On all pc's Windows Defender is disabled, and firewalls have 3306 open. I even disabled the firewalls completely but that didn't make a difference.

What can be wrong?

Fokke Nauta Received on Wed Mar 27 2019 - 16:42:26 CET

Original text of this message