Re: GUI Tool for MariaDB

From: Joseph Hesse <joeh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 12:15:16 -0500

[Quoted] On 04/12/2018 02:23 AM, Axel Schwenke wrote:
> On 12.04.2018 00:02, Joseph Hesse wrote:

>> MySQL workbench does not seem to work with MariaDB.

> How dit you make that out? MariaDB is 99.9 percent compatible with MySQL
> (100% with older versions of MySQL - up to 5.6). And since Workbench works
> with those MySQL releases, it will with MariaDB.
>
> See: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/guiworkbench-for-mariadb-aria/
>
> But of course MariaDB has also information on other GUI tools:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/graphical-and-enhanced-clients/

In spite of MariaDB's claim that it is 100% compatible with MySQL, the [Quoted] latest version of MySQL workbench connects to the MariaDB server with a [Quoted] warning message. Other's have reported the same problem. For the sake of completeness my OS is Fedora 27. Received on Fri Apr 13 2018 - 19:15:16 CEST

Original text of this message