Re: Ubuntu MySQL install with Virtualmin - password problems with 16.04.4 server

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 23:52:41 +0200

J.O. Aho wrote:

> […] he expect that the password he provided at the installation for mysql
> would be set as the mysql root users password, he can't login when using
> option -p when he login from console.

And as I have explained, that expectation is *wrong*, because there is not only *one* MySQL “root” user.

> Reading some of the posts had given you that, but I know you like to
> make your opinion and trash others with your wrong assumptions.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well>

Had you bothered to read my detailed analysis, which is in strong contrast to your repeated fallacies, you would have realized that – by contrast to you – I *have* read *and* weighed very carefully what the OP posted.

But trying to understand the problem is obviously not what you are after here.

EOD, Score adjusted.

--
PointedEars
Zend Certified PHP Engineer <http://www.zend.com/en/yellow-pages/ZEND024953>