Re: using the same field to be set in the update query and in the where clause

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:37:15 +0100

Luuk wrote:

[Quoted] > On 11-03-17 18:58, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>> Luuk wrote:
>>> Find a good place to post this code, which i obviously wrong, because
>>> your 1st and 4th parameter seem to get the same value.
>> Unlikely.  It is a *prepared statement*.

> There is some code which does handle (or 'take care') of this
> preparation ...

And it is not likely that this code would attempt to update a field in which the new value of the is already to be found. “?” is a placeholder in a prepared statement for *anything*. That there are two “?” in a prepared statement, even referring to the same field, does not need to mean (and usually does not mean) that both are replaced with the same value in the actual query.

[Quoted] > and what i use is a perfectly valid mailbox specification.

“mailbox specification” is a reference to *the* mailbox specification (in RFC 5322), not your personal private idea of it.

Besides, it is anti-social behavior to block the private channel of Usenet beforehand.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: _at_PointedEars2