Re: use of regex in mysql

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 09:09:32 +0000

On 23/02/17 04:52, kushal bhattacharya wrote:
> after some research i did it using regexp actually my knowledge about regex is limited so i didn't come up with the solution quickly

My knowledge of regexp is just enough to know that I don't really want to know more.*

I have always found it quicker to write explicit C code faster that it would take me to master even a small part of the non orthogonal arbitrary spaghetti syntax that comprises 'regexp'.

In my working life I have found people who understood it. Unfortunately, that was all they understood.

*I have a similar experience of Apple products.

--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

Dennis Miller