Re: cannot connect from mysql client nor PHP, only sudo

From: Peter H. Coffin <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:56:07 -0600

[Quoted] On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:10:36 +0100, Jivanmukta wrote:
> I installed new PHP (5.6).
> I found no my.ini file. I found mysql.cnf:
> /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf
> /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysql.cnf
> I have mysql root password.

[Quoted] Does YOUR user ID have the filesystem permission to reach the mysql [Quoted] socket file listed in whichever of those configs is active? Since sudo works, but your normal user ID doesn't, it's very likely an "OS permissions" issue somwhere rather than a straight-up MySQL configuration problem.

--
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.  It is equally
vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead