Re: Day of the week

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:58:49 -0500

[Quoted] On 12/13/2016 2:41 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 13/12/16 09:15, Luuk wrote:

[Quoted] >>>>>>   i'm new in this group and new with sql.

>>> Don't worry about "Pointed Head".  He's a well-known troll in many
>>> newsgroups.  He never has anything positive to contribute to a
>>> discussion.
>>>
>>> You are welcome in this newsgroup.  Just beware this group is
>>> specifically about the MySQL database, so you won't get good answers on
>>> another database.
>>>

>> and Jerry is only here to do something that not contributes to a
>> discussion.

> Correct. IN over 15 years I have never seen Jerry do anything more
> constructive than direct someone to a manual page. I have never ever
> seen him contribute a single line of SQL.

[Quoted] [Quoted] ROFLMAO! You have proven time and time again you can't read, and a [Quoted] [Quoted] search of the archives shows how wrong you are. That's unlike you, who, when you give an answer, is either incorrect (as it was here) or a copy of someone else's answer from a couple of days earlier.

[Quoted] [Quoted] But sometimes the best help you can give someone is to direct them to the correct manual entry.

> I am not sure he knows how to write it.
>
> Those who can, do.
>
> Those who cant teach.
>
> Jerry was a poor instructor years ago.
>
> Pointed Head is weird, but he does often talk sense and can actually
> construct SQL statements.

[Quoted] [Quoted] And in teaching I made more per hour than you could ever dream of - because to teach in a corporate environment, you have to be good.

[Quoted] [Quoted] But then that's why you have to hide behind a pseudonym with a fake [Quoted] [Quoted] email address. You're deathly afraid your boss will find out you're sluffing off from your ditch digging.

[Quoted] That is, if you ever figured out which end of the shovel to use.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address