Re: Changing Database Files Path

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 21:10:42 -0500

On 11/21/2016 5:38 PM, Thomas 'Pointed Head' Lahn wrote:
> Axel Schwenke wrote:

>>> You can not just copy or move MySQL database files, you have to create
>>> and import a database dump to maintain data integrity.
>>
>> Nonsense. Nuhr!
>>
>> Of course you can move the data directory.
>
> I did not make a claim to the contrary.

Bullshit. You can't even read your own updates.

>> The server must be stopped beforehand and you must change the
>> configuration accordingly.
>
> ACK.

Which has nothing to do with your comment.

But it does take someone with a modicum of intelligence to move the database directory. After all, you have to both move the files to the new directory and change the path in them MySQL configuration file.

Something that has been repeatedly beyond your ability to comprehend. That's not unusual for a troll called "Pointed Head" who is well-known in multiple newsgroups.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address