Re: Changing Database Files Path

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:22:24 +0100

On 21.11.2016 03:51, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> ... when I go to move the database files over to my evternal
> 1TB USB drive, I get a message saying that mysql is unable to start

Then why don't you show the error message you got and possible any error message that might be in the MySQL error log? It would also help a lot if you you could be more specific which files you moved and what you changed in the MySQL configuration file.

Unless there was any non-default configuration in use before, it would be enough to change the datadir variable in my.cnf and move the complete(!) datadir to the new location. Received on Mon Nov 21 2016 - 22:22:24 CET

Original text of this message