Re: images in database?

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:51:59 +0100

On 06/06/16 13:43, mike7411_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I’m working on an advertising network.
>
> Is it better to store the banners in the database or on the file system?
>
> Thank you.

Asking that question will open a shitstorm of opinion based on little more than prejudice.

There are arguments either way.

Personally for simple stuff like site eye candy I dont bother. But when the images are part of the data - like say product images in a stock database, in they go.

That's more a question of it being tidier and easier. and having a single entity to backup.

kind word alone.

Al Capone