Free text search in MySQL (again!)

From: <bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

If I have the text "The rat in the hat" in a particular field in a MYSQL table, and I want someone typing in "hat rat" into a search box on my website to get that line, what do I do? i.e. it has to do INDEXING!! Surely MySQL does this by now?? (otherwise it would be useless on many many sites out there!)

I realise I've posted about this before here, but I realised I got the question wrong that time! :) i.e. I didn't tell you guys about the indexing part!

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 26 2016 - 08:14:03 CEST

Original text of this message