Re: managers

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 08:25:11 -0500

On 3/12/2016 5:24 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 12/03/16 01:40, Stefan Ram wrote:

>>    A database text says:

>>        query language« ... »and are typically middle- or
>>        high-level managers«.
>>
>>    I have no idea what a high-level manager actually does, but
>>    does a significant number of high-level managers really use
>>    a sophisticated database query language?
>>

> Once upon a time they did.
>

>>    I mean, designing and typing in the query himself and then
>>    debugging it caring about details like trying to understand
>>    error messages about missing semicolons and such?
>>

> Yup. If you go back to the early days of mainframes
>
> Visicalc rather put pay to it.

And once again you have no idea what you're talking about. High level managers in corporations never did use SQL. Back in the 60's and 70's they did use RPG. But very few high level managers are programmers and even fewer bothered to learn SQL.

But then you also got fired from your ditch digging job for not knowing what end of the shovel to use.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address