Re: Installing mySQL on windows XP

From: <jmclifford_at_aanet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 21:46:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi All.
I have been able to further my situation. I used an older installer (mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.27.0.msi ) and got an installation this time. I can open a Command Line Client DOS box. However, an issue that I still have (and had before) is that the MySQL Workbench 6.3.5 failed to install.

Also, running the installers (most recent or the successful older version) both give an "OS version error" regarding Vista or newer (refer to my initiate post). I suspect I have to de-install all the MySQL...s with the "Add/Remove programs" function for this error to be removed.

Can people give pointers so that I can target a cleaner installation ???

Regards JC...... Received on Sat Dec 05 2015 - 06:46:22 CET

Original text of this message