Re: Design-stage advice and opinions welcomed

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:46:15 +1000

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:38:40 -0500, Gordon Burditt wrote:

> I would think that venue/day/time clashes would be more of an issue.

Perhaps. If so then add time as a column as well. It reinforces the argument of having meetings (even if just for meeting recurrence rather than individual meeting instances which you seem to favour) in a separate table

> Is Easter really a problem if you don't schedule meetings on Sundays?

Is the prior Friday - and perhaps even the following Monday - not a public holiday in your region? Both are here.

Many venues (particularly those under some form of public ownership as is the case for many U3A locations) are closed on all officially recognised public holidays, primarily as a security/facility/cleaning savings measure. Can't use it, even if you "agnostically" wanted to.

GM Received on Mon Sep 28 2015 - 01:46:15 CEST

Original text of this message