Re: Migration issue from 5.5 to 5.6

From: Peter H. Coffin <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 10:02:29 -0500

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:00:25 +0000 (UTC), The Doctor wrote:
> In article <55aa296c$0$2956$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl>,
> Luuk <luuk_at_invalid.lan> wrote:
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/
>>
>>and here:
>>
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html
>>

>>But the '--skip-locking' is removed in 5.5.3, see:
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.5/en/news-5-5-3.html
>>

> Found the problem in my my.cnf file . 2 copies existyed.
>
> Now the socket does not establish.

Obviously, you the locking option problem by editing a bogus cnf instead of copying your correct cnf over the bogus one. Put your real cnf where the bogus one is or tell explicitly tell mysql where to look for you cnf at startup, because the new version has a different compiled-in default than the old one. Either you forgot that step when you built mysql or you're using a prebuilt one with different assumptions from the last one.

--
60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any
    code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30