Re: What happens ?

From: l'AMI Yves <yves.matringe_at_fri.fr.invalid>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:03:54 +0100

Le 17/01/2015 18:47, Gordon Burditt a écrit :
>> Here is the error message :
>> Erreur de connexion (1045) Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur:
>> 'ASL'_at_'_at_localhost' (mot de passe: OUI)
>> (Excuse me to be french and have a localized version !)
>>
>> What does mean "'user'_at_'_at_localhost'" ?
>
> PHP describes users with the 'user'_at_'hostname' format, where user
> is the username they logged in with and hostname is the host
> name they are logging in from (usually from reverse DNS).
>
> Is there any chance you passed '_at_localhost' where you meant to pass
> 'localhost' as the host name? (quotes are not part of the value).
No, ther is no chance. In phpmyadmin, I defined my user "ASL" without any host, and phpmyadmin decided to set "%asl" there. I tried to change that for "localhost", but the message is the same (Was I supposed to restart WAMP ?
> Is there any chance that a reverse DNS lookup on '127.0.0.1' will
> yield the name '_at_localhost'? (If so, fix it so it says 'localhost',
> not '_at_localhost'.) Or did the error message really contain
> only one _at_ and another one got added in copying to this post?
No, there is no chance : "localhost" exists only in "hosts", as it, and there is no "0.0.127" zone in the reverse reverse lookup of my DNS

> Is there any chance you are using a non-ASCII character in the user
> name or host name (anything above code point 127 in ISO8859-1 or
> UTF-8, including any accented letters?) That might confuse things
> a bit, although the accented letters in the error message came
> through fine in my newsreader.
I don't think so, as my user's name is "ASL". phpmyadmin assigned "%asl" as its host (what about "%" ?) but "localhost" did not change the error message.

>> In phpmyadmin console everything look good : my user "ASL" is there,
>> with its priviledges...
>
> With what host name in the privilege tables?
> If you've got 127.0.0.1 in the privilege tables, that won't work.
I don't understand your question : what do you call "privilege table" ? I have just a "users" table, or "priv_table", but it's empty : I suppose it lists tables where privileges have been defined. Onc again, the host defined for that user was "%asl". Now, I changed that for "localhost", and the message I receive is "(1045)Access denied for user 'ASL'_at_'_at_localhost'

>> I don't realy understand the value "%asl" I see for "Client".
>
> I don't see anything like that in my phpmyadmin, so I can't
> address this.
If you have defined other users than root, how did you do, and what do you see ?

>> Thank's if somebody understand my problem, and can help me.

Thanks a lot for answering. Received on Sat Jan 17 2015 - 20:03:54 CET

Original text of this message