Re: What happens ?

From: Gordon Burditt <gordonb.yijdi_at_burditt.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:47:03 -0600

> Here is the error message :
> Erreur de connexion (1045) Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur:
> 'ASL'_at_'_at_localhost' (mot de passe: OUI)
> (Excuse me to be french and have a localized version !)
>
> What does mean "'user'_at_'_at_localhost'" ?

PHP describes users with the 'user'_at_'hostname' format, where user is the username they logged in with and hostname is the host name they are logging in from (usually from reverse DNS).

Is there any chance you passed '_at_localhost' where you meant to pass 'localhost' as the host name? (quotes are not part of the value). Is there any chance that a reverse DNS lookup on '127.0.0.1' will yield the name '_at_localhost'? (If so, fix it so it says 'localhost', not '_at_localhost'.) Or did the error message really contain only one _at_ and another one got added in copying to this post?

Is there any chance you are using a non-ASCII character in the user name or host name (anything above code point 127 in ISO8859-1 or UTF-8, including any accented letters?) That might confuse things a bit, although the accented letters in the error message came through fine in my newsreader.

> In phpmyadmin console everything look good : my user "ASL" is there,
> with its priviledges...

With what host name in the privilege tables? If you've got 127.0.0.1 in the privilege tables, that won't work.

> I don't realy understand the value "%asl" I see for "Client".

I don't see anything like that in my phpmyadmin, so I can't address this.