Re: Complicated query

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 09:36:16 -0500

On 12/7/2014 8:05 AM, Shelly wrote:
> On 12/6/2014 12:24 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>> On 06/12/14 17:20, Shelly wrote:
>>> I almost always find that a query does it faster than
>>> multiple queries with intermediate code....
>>
>>> .... and I am using Oracle.
>>
>> 1/. My comments on using intermediate code applied specifically to
>> MySQL, not Oracle. In fact I specifically stated if the query was that
>> immense, buy Oracle.

> I did not criticize you. In fact, I thank everyone for their responses.
>>

>> 2/. why are you asking in a MySQL group for an oracle compatible query?

> Because when I checked, no Oracle group had active participation whereas
> this one did. Besides it was a SQL question and I thought someone here
> might have some idea. There is overwhelming overlap between the two as
> far as a query is concerned.

As you found - there is not nearly as much overlap as you think. Next time, please don't waste our time on Oracle questions. This is a MySQL newsgroup. I, for one, wasted a bit of time trying to figure out what you wanted before giving you an intermediate response. Where do I send the bill?

And I'm sure others wasted some time trying to figure out exactly what you wanted, also.

Oracle has its own support.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address