Complicated query

From: Shelly <sheldonlg_at_thevillages.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 08:28:18 -0500

I have finally come across a desired query that I have no idea on how to do -- or if it is even possible. Here is the scenario:

Table Instances

id
column1
column2
(and more)

Table Questions

Id
Question Text

Table Answers

Id
QuestionId (Id in Questions)
InstanceId (Id in Instances)

Table Questions has Q entries. (Lets say just three for now.) What I want is to pull where each record contains:

Table Instances has N entries.

Table Answers has Q x N entries.

I want to pull N records where each record has: column1, column2, Answer1, Answer2, Answer3

In other words, I want all the answers (Q of them) for a given instance to be in a single returned record, not one answer in each of Q records returned.

--
Shelly