Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g shows how to take advantage of Oracle Databases built–in feature set for working with location–based data. A great deal of the information used in business today is associated with location in some way, and analysis of that data is becoming ever more important in todays mobile and highly connected world. In Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g, authors Ravi Kothuri and Albert Godfrind address
- The special nature of spatial data and its role in professional and consumer applications
- Issues in spatial data management such as modeling, storing, accessing, and analyzing spatial data
- The Oracle Spatial solution and the integration of spatial data into enterprise databases
- How spatial information is used to understand business and support decisions, to manage customer relations, and to better serve private and corporate users
When you read Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g, you’re learning from the very best. Ravi Kothuri is a key member of Oracle’s Spatial development team. Albert Godfrind consults widely with Oracle clients on the implementation of Oracle Spatial, develops training courses, and presents frequently at conferences. Together they have crafted a technically sound and authoritative fountain of information on working with spatial data in the Oracle database.
What you’ll learn
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g delivers in helping you fully understand Oracles spatial data feature set. In reading the book, you’ll learn
- About new Oracle Spatial features in Oracle Database 11g, including support for the European Petroleum Standards Group (EPSG) data model, the ability to publish to Google Earth, integration with Google Maps, and much more
- The use of Oracles built-in SDO_GEOMETRY data type for storing location–based data
- How to geocode your data, beginning with postal addresses and ending with SDO_GEOMETRY objects that enable future analysis as well as forming the foundation of working with spatial data within Oracle
- How to create and display maps to help you visualize and analyze your geocoded data
- About network modeling, which is useful in computing routes, travel distances, and proximity based upon travel time
- How to optimize analysis of your spatial data by creating spatial indexes and custom operators
Who is this book for?
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g is aimed at software developers who wish to develop applications using Oracles extensive and strong support for working with spatial, or geocoded, data.
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.
Related Titles from Apress
- Expert Oracle Database Architecture: 91 and 10g Programming Techniques and Solutions
- Mastering Oracle SQL and SQL*Plus