Re: Performance issue on query doing smart scan

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 12:48:00 +0000

Do you have any references that are more up to date ? One of the two you've given is dated 2013, the other 2015 (and probably by/in association with) the same author. It's quite possible that if you're running Exadata with the 19c image that things have moved on from anything written 5 - 7 years ago.

If you're trying to work where the work is being done and can re-run the query a few times then it's a good idea to collect the session activity (v$mystat, or v$sesstat for the session) and total wait events (v$session_wait for the session). The instance activity is the more important since the SQL Monitor gives you a good statistical sample of the waits.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>