Re: Performance issue on query doing smart scan

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:22:56 +0530

One correction, it's actually scanning ~180 partitions out of which 150 are compressed for "query high". Does compression be the cause of the smart scan being served from flash cache?

Attached is the same query and its sql monitor. It does show TAB1 is doing cell smart scans. Its range is partitioned on column part_dt daily holding ~56billion rows. Want to know, if there is any way I can make the query finish in the same time without doing a smart scan?

Here table, TAB1 is daily range partitioned on column PART_DT. Plan_line_id- 21 is where it spends most of the time and its reading a lot of data over in that step. A bloom filter is applied on column AANUM and DID for table TAB1 on that step. Out of which NUM_DISTICNT for column AANUM is -173million and num_distinct for column DID is 333K. There exist two different local composite indexes with column AANUM and DID being leading in them individually. But no such index exists having AANUM and DID both columns as composite keys. But again considering the size of the table and its exposed to heavy DML, so not sure if it would be a good idea to create a new index on (AANUM, DID) and whether that would really be beneficial?

Regards
Lok