Re: Ignore histograms on sql level

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:15:55 -0500

I don't understand this. What would be the rationale behind making  such a quick & dirty fix permanent?  If the query needs disabling histograms to run properly, there is obviously something wrong with the query. This sort of black magic is fairly dangerous and will obviously present problems at upgrade times. I understand the need to get something running acceptably right now, if I could grow a hair for every time somebody wanted me to fix something right now, my bald spot would be gone and then some. However, making a permanent change using SQL_PATCH or DBMS_SPM is another thing entirely, at least in my humble opinion.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant