Creating Nonpartitioned Indexe vs. Partitioned Global Prefixed on Nonpartitioned Table

From: Fred Habash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:57:57 -0500

I have a nonpartitioned table in an application schema that has two globally partitioned prefixed indexes. I do not know why the original author decided to use partitioned indexes.

I've researched the Oracle docs and there is a description of local vs. global indexes. But why would one choose to partition indexes on a non-partiioend table?

Overall, global prefixed indexes are good for OLTP, support pruning, and they are 'hard to manage'.

Thank you

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 18 2021 - 21:57:57 CET

Original text of this message