Re: Performance issue - high Free buff wait

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:22:58 -0500

OK, that is strange. Why do you have swap utilization at all if the memory utilization is < 40%? Second, I don't necessarily trust OEM for all metrics. I prefer sar, vmstat, iostat and dstat for Linux hosts. I also used to utilize Nigel's monitor a lot, but I'm no longer working with AIX hosts so I'm out of habit. Second, 100ms is outrageous for IO response time. That means that the IO is extremely slow. If your storage is not ASM, I would try bonnie++ to see what kind of IOPS metrics are you getting. If you are on ASM, then use SLOB.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant