Re: Multimedia desupported

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 15:24:12 -0500

Yes. LOB compression requires advanced compression license.

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ADLOB/adlob_smart.htm#GUID-F74C5330-91F7-4C0E-BB83-6FAA8D0FCCBE

        About Advanced LOB Compression

Advanced LOB Compression transparently analyzes and compresses SecureFiles LOB data to save disk space and improve performance.

License Requirement: You must have a license for the Oracle Advanced Compression Option to implement Advanced LOB Compression.

Advanced compression option, on the other hand, requires a hefty check payable to the Oracle Corp, headquartered in Austin, TX.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant