Re: CI/CD Tools

From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:58:02 +0100

Liquibase can do SQL format changelogs also: https://docs.liquibase.com/concepts/basic/sql-format.html

I use Liquibase SQL format and jenkins to execute liquibase automatically, when changes gets merged in git to the correct release branch. Having good discipline in GIT I think is the most important part here. What I currently do is (enforced rules):
* master branch is used for integrations - jenkins executes automatically and pushes changes to very simple integration test database just to check out that the changes are valid and work
* merges to master require a pull request, reviewed and approved by someone * then changes are merged from master to release branches - release/dev -> release/pt1 -> release/prod. there are jenkins jobs/pipelines listening on changes to each of the brances - triggering liquibase run in the correct environment.

--
Ilmar Kerm