Re: CI/CD Tools

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:46:12 -0500

We use Bamboo builds (though I don't know all the technical details of the setup as Dev/DevOps stood all that up some time ago).

Bamboo server(s) run the builds against the target CI databases (the CI databases are in a pool so the bamboo builds will get one db out of the pool that doesn't have a build currently running against it)

In our env we use storage snapshots , so the bamboo build process calls an api to snap the storage for the master CI database and refresh the clone it chose - it unmounts the filesystems , remounts them with the latest snap, and proceeds to run the development code.

I know that's not much help technically, but its more to give you an idea of how one org has theirs set up.

Chris