Re: Performance issue - high Free buff wait

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 00:03:49 -0500

Which means that the system has reached its limits. New system with a faster SAN, faster processors and faster memory may be in order. Also, consolidating 5 databases into one may help. You don't need pluggable databases, only separate schemas and tablespaces. AsĀ  Tom Kyte has once said: one machine --> one instance:

https://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:529123700346381713

    and we said...

o do I support this

nope, not at all. One machine, one host - ONE INSTANCE

Tom Kyte was probably the best Oracle professional ever, even when counting Jonathan, Tanel and Kevin Closson. No offense meant for any of the aforementioned, I like Tom's books a lot. He really knew his stuff and he was an excellent writer. I've also attended one of his lectures at NYOUG and he was a brilliant lecturer as well. The only guy who was in the same league was now largely forgotten Ken Jacobs. That's a shame, Ken was really brilliant.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant