Re: Performance issue - high Free buff wait

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:14:46 -0500

You have a royal mess there. Free buffer waits mean that you need more free buffers, You can buy some free buffers from Kingston. The good news is that this year you will be able to buy DDR5:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/ddr5-ram-release-2021

Oracle 11 server with low memory makes me think that your server is a real candidate for lightning fast RAM and an appropriate CPU.

Second, the number of waits is meaningless without the time spent waiting. An AWR report would have given you a better picture.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant