Re: Spd 19c adaptive statistics

From: Moustafa Ahmed <moustafa_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 00:26:55 +0000

Still my question is

I know I can tell from dbms_xplan cutsor note section but is there a bulk way to check history on dba_hist_xxx views to expose the note section and see if it was ever used?  And I’m not able to find the answer there..

On Jan 5, 2021, at 7:06 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Tim Hall to the rescue:

https://oracle-base.com/articles/12c/sql-plan-directives-12cr1

There is also a good article in DBA hell:

http://dbaparadise.com/2018/03/what-are-sql-plan-directives/

And my favorite is Lodovico Caldera:

http://www.ludovicocaldara.net/dba/sql-plan-directives-problem/

Finally, there is a little known and infrequently visited site at https://support.oracle.com:

How to Identify Specific SQL Plan Directives In Use For A SQL Statement (Doc ID 2390551.1)

Happy New Year

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant