Re: Memory Issue

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:01:21 +0000

A couple of thoughts.
First - the AWR output looks a little odd - the Total Executions is lower than the Total Parse Calls. Any idea why ? (It may be completely unrelated to your problem, of course).

Secondly - this looks like a sys-recursive statement that would be executed while a statement is being parsed, but normally such a statement would only be called a few times because it would be populating the dictionary cache (v$rowcache). There are some bit of the dictionary, that don't get cached, though (parts of views, parts of histograms, maybe) so it's possible that what you're seeing is a strange parsing issue relating to a parent statement. When you see this SQL (sql_id) in the sample there are two other columns you can check: top_level_sql_id, and sql_exec_id. THe former MAY tell you about a statement that is being parsed, the latter may give you an idea of how many times this statement is actually called.

My first guess (on a bare minimum of information) would be that you have a statement with a monster IN-list and Oracle is trying to optimize a massive UNION ALL where every branch is accessing a view.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

ASH / v$active_session_history from your 25 minute run with 25,000 samples. One of the columns of