Migrating Oracle EM Repository database across platforms

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 11:23:54 +0000

Hi,
I am looking into migrating an existing 11.2.0.4 EM Repository database from Solaris10 to RHEL7. According to Oracle Support, cross-platform migration of EM Repository between OS's of different Endianness is not supported, which I find quite strange. I have done many cross-platform migrations of Oracle databases from Solaris to LINUX without any issues. However, OEM database repository seems a bit different in that the SYSMAN account needs certain grants and privileges on objects owned by SYS before dump of OEM repository could be imported. Has anyone done migration of OEM Repository database (version 11.2.0.4) from big Endian to Little Endian and was it blessed by Oracle?

Thank you,
Amir