Re: PGA increasing continuously

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 00:18:17 -0500

You can trace PGA operations and usage by using the technique described by Tanel Poder:

https://tanelpoder.com/2014/03/26/oracle-memory-troubleshooting-part-4-drilling-down-into-pga-memory-usage-with-vprocess_memory_detail/

ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS ‘immediate trace name pga_detail_get level N’ where N is the Oracle PID of the process.

Personally, I haven't tried that in a very long time. However, the article is very detailed and contains a treasure trove of information. Tanel has no equal when it comes to the Oracle internals.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant