Re: APEX developer login question

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:08:13 -0500

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:33 AM Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, this feature was added quite a few years ago. Works good and
> supports
> > all the same built in authentication mechanisms as authentication for
> apps.
> > I've been using LDAP and HTTP header authentication for workspace login.
> > But you need to add users to the workspace first, with the same username
> > as the authentication scheme returns.
> > You need to create workspace users in each workspace on the APEX side -
> on
> > LDAP side they are of course the same user.

Thanks for the pointer, I happened to dive into this over the weekend and noticed there's no Custom Auth Scheme and no ability to add a new scheme (based on custom) when configuring Developer IDE authorization.

I have some lovingly handcrafted Java code I call via PL/SQL to authorize within our organization. Due to some odd schema and federation choices (not made by me!) I have to look in multiple places to locate users.

My searches came up with no details on this... or if there is a workaround using say a Pre- or Post- Authentication Procedure.

-Dave