Re: Database Upgrade

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 16:10:35 -0700

Well, the upgrade time really isn’t dependent on the size of the database. I do recall there can be issues upgrading the time zone via dbua, so you don’t want to check that option. I expect you can do the upgrade with just an hour or so of downtime. Make sure you go through the documentation on upgrading the standby first. If zero downtime is required, that gets a lot harder considering the amount of data that needs to be copied.

Sent from my iPad