Re: copy large amounts of data to MSSQL

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 16:55:51 -0500

On Sat, 2020-11-07 at 13:30 -0500, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> cursor.fast_executemany = True

I feel desecrated after using Windows. The above flag is only supported with Microsoft's ODBC driver:

https://github.com/mkleehammer/pyodbc/wiki/Features-beyond-the-DB-API

With the FreeTDS driver, that I normally use on Linux, this feature produces a very fast core dump. However, the FreeTDS package also contains an executable called "freebcp" which allows blinding fast load over the network. It is essentially  a free version of the "bcp" utility. I am installing MS ODBC for Linux right now and will try when it's done.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant